[DEUTSCH]Willkommen in der Vulvani Community
Wir haben dieses Forum für Euch kreiert um einen sicheren Raum für Austausch und Fragen geschaffen. Wir möchten mit euch über alle Themen von der ersten Periode bis zu Menopause sprechen. Uns ist ein ehrlicher und wertschätzender Austausch sehr wichtig. Es gibt kein richtig und kein falsch und wir bitten euch die Meinungen aller Mitglieder zu respektieren.
Dies ist ein zweisprachiges Forum (Englisch und Deutsch). Ihr könnt also in der Sprache eurer Wahl posten. Scrollt einfach ganz runter, um die Sprache zu wechseln.
Helft uns dieses Forum mit Leben zu füllen und viel Spaß beim Austausch!
Euer Vulvani-Team x

[ENGLISH]Welcome to the Vulvani Community!
We have created this forum for you to create a safe space for exchange and questions. We want to talk to you about all topics from the first period to menopause. For us, an honest and appreciative exchange is very important. There is no right and no wrong and we ask you to respect the opinions of all members.
This is a bilingual forum (English and German). So you can post in the language of your choice. Just scroll all the way down to change the language.
Help us fill this forum with life and have fun sharing!
Your Vulvani Team x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do TENS units help with cramp pain?
I saw these products being marketed and was curious about them. They are small TENS units designed to wear on your lower abdomen where your tubs are and are said to help ease even the most severe cramping pain. I do have a TENS unit already from a back injury I sustained 6 years ago. I never thought to try it for cramps. Is this safe?
Hi RedRose,
I've read a lot about the positive benefits of using TENS for period pain as well. I haven't tried it yet though and would be curious to hear your personal experience!
Oh yes, it is safe. You just don't want to use too high of a setting. I think if you were to use an actual TENS and not one that is marketed for cramps, keep it on a lower setting first and work up until you feel the pain ease off. I have not tried this myself but I have looked into it for cramp management. A friend of mine uses one and she seems to enjoy it.
My sister uses one of these devices for her cramps and loves it. She uses it for all sorts of pains.

You just never want to put the pads above the belly button on the front. This can cause issues with organs being overly stimulated. And it is worth noting that you should never use them on your head or near your heart.
I have heard positive things about them but I have never personally tried one. I might give it a go though. My boyfriend has a TENS he uses for an injury it got in a car accident a few months back.
Thanks for all your replies!

I did a bit more research since asking this question and I think I might give it a try. I am not sure how it will feel though as I have only ever had a TENs unit on me at the doctor and this was on my back. I would imagine it feels a bit different being over the organs vs over bone and muscle.