[DEUTSCH]Willkommen in der Vulvani Community
Wir haben dieses Forum für Euch kreiert um einen sicheren Raum für Austausch und Fragen geschaffen. Wir möchten mit euch über alle Themen von der ersten Periode bis zu Menopause sprechen. Uns ist ein ehrlicher und wertschätzender Austausch sehr wichtig. Es gibt kein richtig und kein falsch und wir bitten euch die Meinungen aller Mitglieder zu respektieren.
Dies ist ein zweisprachiges Forum (Englisch und Deutsch). Ihr könnt also in der Sprache eurer Wahl posten. Scrollt einfach ganz runter, um die Sprache zu wechseln.
Helft uns dieses Forum mit Leben zu füllen und viel Spaß beim Austausch!
Euer Vulvani-Team x

[ENGLISH]Welcome to the Vulvani Community!
We have created this forum for you to create a safe space for exchange and questions. We want to talk to you about all topics from the first period to menopause. For us, an honest and appreciative exchange is very important. There is no right and no wrong and we ask you to respect the opinions of all members.
This is a bilingual forum (English and German). So you can post in the language of your choice. Just scroll all the way down to change the language.
Help us fill this forum with life and have fun sharing!
Your Vulvani Team x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you remember your first period?
I was thinking back. I got mine when I was 14. I remember having a stomach ache and staying home from school. Later that day, I went to the bathroom to pee and there was blood in my underwear. I knew what it was and was not shocked by it. I was never one to be put off by the sight of blood or anything. I went and told my mom and within 5 minutes she had my grandma on the phone and was telling her about it. I was embarrassed. I don't know why I was but I guess just the way she started telling everyone as if they needed to know. 

Do you remember your first period?
Yup! I was 12. I was one of the first girls to get mine in my grade. I had mine during school and thankfully, it was a day I wore dark wash jeans so the leaking was not notisiable. I felt a bit weird down there, when to the bathroom, and sure enough! Instead of going back to class I went and saw the school nurse. I was given a pad and asked if I wanted to go home for the day so I did.
I want to say I was 15 when I got mine. I was one of the last in my grade to have mine. My doctor was a bit concerned but I guess some girls don't have them until 15 to 17. You just have to make sure there are no issues as the average age is about 12/13. I was actually at the beach when mine came on. I didn't notice until I had been changing out of my swimsuit. It was very light and I was with my aunt. She was very nice about everything, didn't make me feel ashamed or anything.
I was 12 when I had mine. I had what I thought was a stomach ache so I stayed home from school. I ended up starting my period a few hours after my mother had called me off from school. I was kind of happy it had happened like this. Had I been in school, I think I would have been too shy to ask for a pad or tampon.
I don't remember my age but I had it when I was at school. I went to the nurse right away, telling my teacher I had a stomach ache. Thankfully she was very friendly and asked me how I was feeling and if I needed to go home. I did just that, because I was not sure how to properly use pads and they didn't give us tampons.
I didn't think so many women would remember, this is interesting. I think the only reason I remember is that I was embarrassed by how my mom acted. I guess good or bad experiences with it can be remembered though!